Jon knows loads of great ways of making sure your search engine ranking is as high as possible. And the good news is that he’s kindly agreed to share 5 of them with us today. Here’s what Jon says about why SEO matters:
“Visitors who come to us through a search engine are actively looking for our information, products or services. As a result, they convert (that is, respond to our calls to action) extremely well.”Here are 5 of the steps Jon recommends you should take if you are serious about optimising your site for SEO:
- Put SEO in the hands of the people who create the content on your site.
- Make sure they understand the core principles of SEO.
- Think about the type of visitors you want to attract to the page - and what keyword phrases they are likely to use in a search engine. (This one won’t surprise anyone who regularly follows CharityBuzz: we probably seem obsessed with getting to know your website audiences!)
- Think about what messages you want your visitors to read in the Search Engine Ranking Pages (aka SERPs) before they click through to your page. It is really important to describe each web page well in order to encourage visitors to click through. Searchers will start to form an opinion of the page and your brand from the SERPs - even if they don’t click through.
- Make sure your folder and filenames use primary keywords.
If you would prefer to have some help with your site’s SEO, please get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org